Terms & Conditions
Add Your Heading Text Here
Add Your Heading Text Here
Who we are
Our records may include the following personal details relating to a student, parent or carer:
- phone number
- email address
Our records may include the following personal details relating to a school age student:
- date of birth
- current school
- courses, subjects studied & qualifications
- results from exams and mock exams
- information relating to progress during lessons
Plymouth Tutors will use your data for contact purposes…
- in the first instance, we will contact you to arrange lessons
- if you are a tutor, we will notify you by email, text or WhatsApp when you receive a tuition request or messages from tutees. At your request, we will email your contact details to tutees.
- we will send you invoices and receipts
- occasionally, we will inform you about events (such as Easter revision days)
- we will also update you on our Terms & Conditions
- occasionally, we will inform you of our fees and term dates
- we may inform you of cancelled lessons and contact you to reschedule lessons
- we may contact you to provide feedback on student progress
- there may be legitimate business need to use your personal information. For example, maintaining our business records and developing our products and services. Plymouth Tutors will ensure that such business needs do not interfere with your rights and freedoms.
- finally, we may occasionally use your data to contact you for marketing purposes. For example, we will inform you of Plymouth Tutor revision events. In order to contact you about these events, we need your permission. Please tick the appropriate box on the Student Registration form.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Additionally, visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
How do we collect your data?
- firstly, we will collect information provided by you. For example, when you complete a registration form, book a lesson, communicate through the site, or social media platforms. Additionally, when you contact us by email, text, WhatsApp or telephone. Our website contact form is powered by WPForms Lite.
- secondly, we will collect information via feedback forums.
- thirdly, we will collect information when you purchase any of our products or services.
- we will also collect information when you provide your details to us. This may be online or offline.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. We will also store contact details on QuickFile accounting software for as long as the student is having tuition. All students can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time.
Web hosting for https://plymouthtutors.co.uk is provided by https://www.siteground.co.uk, which protects it’s websites in the following way:
- by default, we have set all servers to use the latest PHP 7 version with the latest security fixes.
- we are running Apache in a chrooted environment with suExec.
- we have sophisticated IDS/IPS systems which block malicious bots and attackers (Intrusion detection/prevention systems).
- ModSecurity is installed on all of our shared servers and we update our security rules weekly, thus protecting our customers from the most common attacks.
- we provide easy to use and hassle-free auto-updates for WordPress core version and the plugins.
- we do our best to keep the versions of all the software that are providing database services (FTP, SMTP, IMAP/POP3, HTTP, HTTPS) up to date with the latest security patches.
- in addition, siteground constantly monitors for vulnerabilities in the most popular applications and modules. Whenever possible we develop virtual patches in the form of WAF rules (Web application firewall).
- finally, we ensure that users’ data is accessed only by trusted personal on request. We follow strict policies and we keep detailed records for such access.
Plymouth Tutors will not disclose any data with external organisations and we will not sell or give your data to third parties. Moreover, we will only share your data with tutors registered with Plymouth Tutors. Additionally, we may check visitor comments on blog posts through an automated spam detection service.
Plymouth Tutors uses the following secure websites and applications to use and store your data. These are GDPR compliant and password protected: Dropbox, Google Drive, QuickFile, WPForms Lite.
Firstly, siteground.co.uk provide secure and well respected web hosting. Secondly, this website was built using WordPress, which is also very secure. Thirdly, this website also uses the Cerber Security plugin for additional protection. Finally, QuickFile implement a wide range of measures to ensure that the data entered into their application is safe and secure. They are constantly reviewing their security policy and routinely test the integrity of their own systems. Details can be found at https://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/data-security/9068
Users Under 18
Please ensure that you obtain your parent/guardian’s consent beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the website.
You have the right to:
- request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for admin, legal, or security purposes.
- be informed about the processing of your personal information.
- have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate.
- have incomplete personal information completed.
- object to processing of your personal information.
- restrict processing of your personal information.
- request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it.
- withdraw your previous consent to receive direct marketing.
- make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Plymouth Tutors are responsible for monitoring compliance with relevant legislation. If you have any queries about the collection, processing and storage of your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com. Individual tutors for other instruments and academic subjects will have their own policies. Please ask your tutor about their policies before starting tuition. Their policies may differ from the ones described above.